Monday, July 14, 2014

Back in the saddle again.

 I moved the sculpture back to the Figge and am working on it when I can.  They have been very accommodating to my schedule.  I took the last week off in order to get ready for my show at Quad City Arts.  The opening was last Friday and it was a lot of fun.  But now it is time to get back on track with Gravity.  I have started to request housing for when I am up there.  I am looking to stay on 9/20 and 9/21 in order to install.  I am then going back for the next 3 weekends in order to meet people and discuss the work.  That connection with people really helps them understand your thoughts about the work and may help get them to vote for you.  In addition, it is good exposure for me as an artist in general.

This is what it looked like when I came back from the shop and reinstalled it at the Figge.  There were many re-works and I am at about 120 cans of spray foam at this point.

This is Sunday afternoon just before rolling it in to storage.  As you'll note, he has a sweet goatee and afro.  I don't think I will keep those but don't rule them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment